#5- text messaging

I think text messaging is a fast and easy way to comunticate, however I think it is often miss-used in my opinion. On average I send about 20 text messages per day, mainly to my sister to coordinate when she will pick me up, once in awhile I will text old friends just to catch up. I don’t beleive texting has any impact on my writing and I don’t think it has any adverse affects on my life. I don’t think text messaging has a place in the classroom, I am not sure if it has a place in our language or books. Communication is important and even more so with kids, I think text messaging just gives you one more way of communicating. It can affect face to face communication if you are texting when someone is trying to talk to you. The majoraty of  kids that text message don’t even give it a second thought when or where it is appropriate to text. If text messaging is used smartly I don’t think it is a problem at all, the problem becomes when it is used excessively and inappropriately.  

One thought on “#5- text messaging”

1. Heyy,

I agree with you. I have this one friend that I never get to see so I text him instead just to see how it’s going. I don’t think it has harm to people’s writing. But people should be smart about it and decide when its a good time or bad time to be texting.

-Amanda- Thanks For The Comment